Mahatma Gandhi Biography
- Name: Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi (popularly known as Mahatma Gandhi, meaning “Great Soul”)
- Born: October 2, 1869, Porbandar, Gujarat, India
- Died: January 30, 1948, New Delhi, India
- Lived to be 78 years old
|biography of ernest hemingway
|auto biography of swami vivekananda in hindi
Mahatma Gandhi Nationality & Age
Mahatma Gandhi Education and Schooling
- Attended local schools in Porbandar and Rajkot
- Studied law at Inner Temple, London, England (1888-1891)
Mahatma Gandhi Relationship and Personal Life:
- Married Kasturba Kapadia at the age of 13 (arranged marriage)
- Had four sons: Harilal, Manilal, Ramdas, and Devdas
- Wife Kasturba was a dedicated supporter and played a vital role in his movements
- Lived a simple and ascetic life, emphasizing self-sufficiency and non-materialism
Mahatma Gandhi Career Beginnings:
- Briefly practiced law in Bombay, India, with limited success
- Moved to South Africa in 1893 to work as a legal advisor for an Indian firm
- Faced racial discrimination firsthand, sparking his fight for Indian rights
- Developed the philosophy of Satyagraha (truth force) based on non-violent resistance and civil disobedience
Mahatma Gandhi Net Worth in 2024
- Mahatma Gandhi did not prioritize personal wealth and dedicated his life to public service.
- Estimating his net worth in 2024 is not applicable, as his focus was not on material possessions.
- He advocated for simple living and rejected materialism, emphasizing communal well-being over individual wealth.
|autobiography of dr sarvepalli radhakrishnan
|autobiography of o henry
Mahatma Gandhi Career and Contributions:
- Led the non-violent struggle for India’s independence from British rule
- Organized nationwide movements like the Salt March and Quit India Movement
- Advocated for social reforms like eradicating untouchability and empowering women
- Inspired freedom movements and civil rights struggles around the world
- Became a global symbol of peace and non-violent resistance
Mahatma Gandhi Achievements and Awards:
- Led India to independence in 1947, ending over 200 years of British rule
- Nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize multiple times (never awarded)
- Revered as the “Father of the Nation” in India
- Widely recognized as a global icon of peace and non-violent action
Mahatma Gandhi Social Media Accounts:
- Mahatma Gandhi passed away in 1948, predating the existence of social media platforms.
- Numerous organizations and institutions dedicated to his legacy maintain active social media accounts, sharing his teachings and principles with a contemporary audience.
Mahatma Gandhi Conclusion and Legacy:
- Mahatma Gandhi’s life and work continue to inspire millions worldwide.
- His philosophy of Satyagraha has been adopted by countless movements for social justice and change.
- He is remembered as a champion of peace, non-violence, and equality, leaving an enduring legacy that transcends borders and time.
|autobiography of thomas alva edison
|biography of ariana grande